These are unpredictable times. For many, this Pandemic and all of the unknown coupled with the upset to our daily routine can cause fear and anxiety. It is especially important that we practice self-care and focus on the present moment so as not to be overwhelmed with worry. As school is closed for the next several weeks we want to make sure everyone has the supports they need to take care of themselves and their mental health. Below you will find some resources and important tips to take care of yourself during this time.
Things you can do to support yourself:
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body.
- Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate.
- Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Get outside for a walk and fresh air.
- Make time to unwind.
- Do something productive, like organizing your closet or trying out a new recipe.
- Connect with others.
- Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
Resources for Crisis:
741-741 Text Line (see attached information)
Uplift Mobile Crisis provides 24-hour intervention to children and teens in the community who are in acute psychological crisis. Included is a 5150 (danger to self or others) assessment along with safety planning and referrals to community-based mental health services. Uplift's number is 408-379-9085.
The Bill Wilson Center’s Youth Crisis Line is open and can be reached at 408-850-6125.
For Parents: Bill Wilson Center’s SOS Crisis Hotline is a specialized line where they answer calls 24/7 from parents for children and youth who are experiencing an immediate behavioral or mental health escalation or crisis.
SOS CRISIS HOTLINE 408 278-2585.
2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember phone number that connects callers with health and human services in their community. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in over 150 languages. All calls are confidential.
We will get through this and come out on the other side. Please take good care of yourself and others.