skip to main content

Student Support Center

How To Make A ReferralTop of Page

Click here to submit a referral. Referrals are prioritized by urgency.

Other referrals may be waitlisted. Referrals can also be made in person with a walk-in form located at the Student Support Services office, located in attendance office (yellow building).

IMPORTANT NOTE: If a student is in imminent danger or risk of harming themselves or others, DO NOT submit a referral. If during school hours, find an administrator or other adult right away, or contact an administrator at (408) 347-7174. If after school hours, contact 911 or EMQ Mobile Crisis Unit at (408) 379-9085.

Picture of attendance office, text reads "Falcon student support center, located in the attendance office"

During Distance Learning, if you have a student that requires immediate attention, please call 9-1-1 immediately then contact a school administrator.

Welcome to Andrew P. Hill High School’s Student Support Center.

AH Student Support Services (AHSSS) is staffed by a School Social Worker, Mental Health Interns, Community Based Organizations, and works collaboratively with staff at the school site and District office.  

SSS Provides a number of free and confidential* services and supports to the school community including:

  • Crisis intervention, educationally related mental health counseling services, support, and case management.
  • Building trusting relationships with students, families, and school personnel.
  • Maintain the confidentiality of student and family.
  • Home visits to understand and address barriers to learning.
  • Linking students and families with school and community resources.

Family Support

  • Collaborating with all school personnel to assess students’ social/emotional obstacles to academic success.
  • Assist teachers and administrators in developing plans to help students with academic and behavior problems.
  • Develop/facilitate/coordinate wellness prevention and intervention programs and activities.

**Some services may require parental consent.

Issues that May Prompt a Student Support Services Referral:

  • Mental health issues (stress, depression, anxiety, etc.)
  • Suicidal ideation
  • Abuse or neglect
  • Lack of basic needs/homelessness
  • Pregnancy, teen parent needs
  • Change in academic performance
  • Chronic attendance or tardiness issues
  • Gang affiliations
  • Coping or social skills deficits
  • Facilitation of school-home-community communication
  • Student advocacy
  • Referral, monitoring, collaboration to and with community agencies
  • Staff support and/or development
  • Substance Abuse

When should I refer a student to Student Support Services?

A student should be referred to the Student Support Center when the student shows signs of social and/or emotional difficulties, which are interfering with the student’s success at school.

Mandated ReportersTop of Page

Individuals designated as mandatory reporters typically have frequent contact with children. Such individuals may include:

  • Social workers
  • Teachers and other school personnel
  • Physicians and other health-care workers
  • Mental health professionals
  • Child care providers
  • Medical examiners or coroners
  • Law enforcement officers